- Applications are accepted during the annual application period. (Contact the office for the schedule)
- Applicant turns in application and ALL required supporting documents.
- Garland County Habitat calculates your income and pulls a credit report. Garland County Habitat requires a credit score above 500. Income requirements are based on the Average Median Income for Garland County.
- If income and credit meet Garland County Habitat’s requirements, the application will continue to be processed.
- Criminal background check, employment history, and rental history are verified.
- Family Selection Committee will contact applicant to set up a time to visit and interview at the applicant’s current residence. Everyone who will be living in the Habitat home is required to attend this home visit.
- Family Selection Committee reviews all applicants documents, reports, and home visit results.
- Family Selection Committee recommends applicant to be voted on by the Board of Directors.
- If applicant is approved by the Board, Partner Family starts partnering with Garland County Habitat.